Thursday, August 4, 2011

only eighteen more days of summer left

I know that counting down like this is going to reek havoc on my current mental condition, but I really can't help it. I just got back from a brilliant five day stay in Las Vegas and I'm already hating being back to my boring/mundane everyday life. 
I loved Las Vegas because 1) everywhere you go it's about seventy degrees inside 2) your day doesn't really start until about five o'clock 3) you can shut all the curtains in your hotel room and sleep until four and it's totally acceptable.


The shopping is fantastic -all those designer stores that I really can't afford to go to, but browse in anyway. And of course the night scene is exciting even though I'm not really old enough to enjoy it (boo!). 
We took in a few very excellent shows so if you are going to Vegas anytime soon I suggest you see The Lion King while it's still in production (it was really lovely) and the Cirque du Soleil show Ka! (a little hard to follow, but still incredibly cool and the cast is very talented).